Aiden Man!

Aiden Man!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Alright, this past week...

This week was not fun for me at all! All three of my children were sick and had to miss school, which in turn made me miss out on a lot of my studying! Any way, come to find out at their school, the teachers are having them use germx. Now, that is good for them, but if you don't wash your hands before using germzx you really aren't getting your hands clean. Let me just ask this question, what happens when you squirt germx on or in dirt? You get mud made out of alcohol! Yup! I work in the health area where we are required to take these follow up training classes. The nurse that teaches these classes always reminds us that it is not the soap or the germx that gets rid of the germs. It is the friction and the warm water that are the main germ killers! So, a big part of why I am posting this is so that other parents can be aware or maybe know to ask about hand washing habbits that their children are using while at school or where ever. I have had two cases of strep throat this week and let me tell you it was not fun! My son had an ear infection which led to fevers and what not, but my girls got sick from poor hand washing habbits at school! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I had 2 of my girls sick this week also. You are correct about hand sanitizer, I was really never a fan. I would rather use warm water and soap. I taught my kids to wash their hands instead of using germx at school. If that's the cause we should be able to shower and bathe with germx if it's so effective..lol..but your correct it's nothing better than warm water and soap to get the job done!

    ReplyDelete